Friday, July 6, 2012

Here we go....

Okay. So I was expecting a period and just had some cramping instead, all day Thursday. I even said to one of the girls at the crossfit gym that if I did the day's workout, it would probably make me start my period. Nothing happened all day and I was continuously checking every time I wiped when I peed. I completely was unaware of the fact that I had peed way more times that day than normal. So when my husband got home at around 11pm, we ate dinner... watched some tv shows and then started to clean up for bedtime. I had to pee again, so I went upstairs thinking "Maybe I'll just pee on a stick." I truly did not expect any difference from the other 20 or so I'd wasted money on.
I decided to turn it over so I couldn't see and set it down while I went into the bedroom for a few minutes. When I came back and looked, I was disappointed because I just saw two lines and no plus sign. Then I glanced over to the key and saw that two lines meant "pregnant." Instead of skipping a heartbeat, I had a really big one that sent extra blood flowing into my head and I'm pretty sure my eyes bugged out for a second. I don't know what I said afterward, but I came running down the stairs to my husband (who was zombie-like tired at this point) and he thought something was really wrong. I showed him the stick and he seemed to think I had doctored the stick somehow or that it was broken. In all fairness, it was past midnight at this point.
It was very exciting and I wasn't able to go to sleep for some time that night. I was thinking and planning and fantasizing.

So, yesterday became day one of diet strictness. I will have to relinquish that block of raw gruyere in the fridge that I was almost done with. Gonna have to dump the half-n-half and say goodbye to coffee, which I did about a week ago when I ran out of my favorite espresso beans. Sadly, I will also not be enjoying the pork potstickers I have been gazing at and saving for a designated "cheat" moment. "Wah Wahhhhhhhh....."

For breakfast I had 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon as usual (always organic eggs and anti-biotic/hormone free bacon- at the very least). My husband cooked my eggs with a bunch of veggies thrown in as a scramble, which I don't really like but of course I ate it. He says "you're gonna have to have greens every day with your breakfast" and I said, "I will find a better way." I took my standard vitamins which have included folic acid since we started trying in November, fish oil, a multi and vitamin D. For the most part there have been a couple others in there and I think we must be low on some.
Obviously the number of vitamins will be beefed up soon.

We went and had sushi for lunch. We enjoyed some hot and sour soup, seaweed salad, a sashimi sampler and a roll (which had very little rice) with what seemed like 7 different types of fish on it. It was a little bit of a celebratory meal. Afterward we went to Barnes and Nobles and picked up two books which I am already a huge fan of:

Do Chocolate Lovers Have Sweeter Babies?: The Surprising Science of Pregnancy by Jena Pincott

and

The 100 Healthiest Foods to Eat During Pregnancy by Jonny Bowden Ph.D. C.N.S. and Allison Tannis MS

I've already started both of them and am very excited.

For dinner we ate pastured pork spareribs that came in our meat CSA and caesar salad with the husband's homemade dressing. Homemade sugar and dairy-free vanilla-chip cream ices (it's a new york thing) for dessert and then we called it a night.

I was still a little crampy all day. It was mainly a tightening feeling inside. I also had some seriously lethal gas and was peeing all day. I also peed on another stick and the second line was a little more faint than the last one, but I'm not worried. Going to sign up for insurance on Monday morning and try to get into a doctor's office if only to confirm that I am indeed pregnant and hopefully find out how on earth this could have happened? (just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment