Monday, July 16, 2012

Restless Legs, Working Out and the Ideal Body

I got up a little later today and still needed some time on the couch before I could muster the energy to make breakfast, and when I did, it was a beauty.
I made 2 eggs, 1 piece of bacon, the last piece of breakfast sausage, butternut squash "homefries," some wilted kale and 3 pieces of apricots (because I cut off the overripe portion). In the glass is a mix of my ginger and peach teas with a little bit of lemon.


Restless Legs
Over the weekend we were wrapped up in the CrossFit Games. We spent more time than usual using our computer as a television. While sitting on the couch I began to feel a little restless in my legs. I've never really understood what this feels like because I've never felt it before. It just made me want to move my legs around. I felt antsy, like I wanted to get up and do something but I really just wanted to sit there and relax. Very confusing. 
Thinking that maybe this had something to do with being pregnant, I looked into it. I found out that it does happen during pregnancy, but usually later on in the 2nd or 3rd trimesters. This site gives a great explanation of RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). It seems a little strange to me that I would feel it now, especially because I work out and eat well. I can't imagine that it is due to some sort of vitamin or mineral deficiency. Upon further searching I came across a forum where a woman said her doctor explained it as a result of hormonal changes. Okay, that makes sense. 
RLS is usually the feeling of tingling, burning or crawling sensation in the legs. I'm not feeling any tingling or burning, but crawling (like skin-crawling) sounds about right. It's just an inexplainable irritated feeling. Even typing this is activating it. Ugh!


Working Out
Yesterday's WOD:

Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
Snatch, 30 reps
Snatch, 30 reps
Snatch, 30 reps
Snatch, as many reps as possible

Rx:

75/45

135/75

165/100

210/120

My Results: 50 reps (compared to last time I had 60 and was unable to get 100 lbs. over head)

Yesterday's lunch was a salmon salad and today's was a steak-burger salad with ketchup, mustard and a splash of balsamic. Awesome.





The Ideal Body
If I could look like Heather Bergeron while pregnant, I would be a very happy, healthy person.
This is truly my goal. I was never that small even before becoming pregnant, but I can only hope that my arms and legs continue to shrink as I continue to workout and eat 100% primal.


Over the weekend we made chocolate balsamic and cherry shakes. I used 1 can of coconut milk, about a dozen organic black cherries that I pitted, 2 tsp of chocolate balsamic, 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract and 4 tiny scoops (from the spoon that comes with it) of stevia extract. Just put all of it into a blender with some ice and you have a shake. I will admit the balsamic wasn't that noticeable, and the coconut flavor is strong, but it was awesome. This is the best substitute for ice-cream when you are in a hurry.


Tonights dinner was mahi-mahi, hot and sour soup, broccolini and fried rice (cauliflower rice). All of this made by yours truly from fresh organic ingredients. I probably overdid it. It was too much food for me.



1 comment: