Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Photo Documenting

My breakfasts now consist of a smoothie with cocoa and greens every morning followed a couple hours later by the eggs, bacon and sometimes spinach. Since I put a full banana in every smoothie, I would not be surprised if the pounds started to come back on. This morning I made breakfast for my husband after letting him sleep in a little. It looked something like 2 eggs with red onion and fresh basil leaves topped with some heirloom tomatoes, bacon, wilted spinach with mushrooms, an orange juice spritzer with frozen peach slices, a fresh fig from a friend's tree and a couple of primal doughnut holes sprinkled with cinnamon. Voila!


We've been eating some really great meals lately. I have been having amazing burger salads with pickles, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes and onion drizzled with balsamic and olive oil. I would definitely eat this every day if I could keep the burgers stocked. We made our own heirloom tomato sauce to which I added some ground beef and we poured it on spaghetti squash next to a side salad. I made lamb meat balls and we ate them in cabbage wrap form with homemade baba ghanouj, tahini, tomatoes and pickle relish. We had giant steaks that lasted two days and a sweet potato kugel that was to die for! These are some of my favorites and we finished them off with some homemade coconut milk/chocolate ice cream drizzled with almond butter and topped with sliced banana. All of this was no dairy, no grains, no legumes, no sugar (except for the fruit) and organic produce and pastured or grass-fed meat. So, with all these amazing meals.... what will the scale say? Well, I've been eating this way the whole time and losing pounds. I will have to wait for the next exam to see.



Photo Documenting
The past couple of days I have been really crampy and my belly looks huge to me. Again, I can't tell if it's from the food or my laziness about flexing my ab muscles or sucking it in. I definitely feel full all the time. Yesterday I was so crampy that I was sure I would wake up with a larger belly today because all that discomfort is probably my insides growing at an incredible rate. My pants are definitely beginning to feel tight.
Long before I became pregnant, I decided I was going to photo-document my growth. This is not at all uncommon but I wanted to have a cool background. I decided that I would stand infront of a large mural that I have been working on and hopefully over the months it will get finished and thus change from weeks to weeks in the photos. Here are the first two photos. Sometime this week I will be taking my "14 weeks" photo (if the sun will ever come back out).




No comments:

Post a Comment